EUROTOP Convertible tops
Quick search - convertible tops and accessories for my convertible
Soft top Sonnenland Mohair for Porsche 911 type 996 Cabriolet year 97-01
- ✓ Sewn-in as opposed to welded rear window for a longer service life
- ✓ Made in Germany
- ✓ Top quality
✓ Already over 500 units sold in over 35 years
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
From €1,228.00 *
- Order number: 1PO9961151-PVC
- Open text field 1: <ul> <li>✓ Sewn-in as opposed to welded rear window for a longer service life</li> <li>✓ Made in Germany</li> <li>✓ Top quality</li> </ul>
Product details Model, Material & Workmanship
- Soft top for Porsche 911 type 996 Cabrio suitable for model years 1997-2001
- Original Sonnenland® canvas manufactured by the world’s leading manufacturer of convertible cloth toppings – highly UV and abrasion resistant (does not fade) and used by many car manufacturers, including Porsche, BMW and Mercedes, for their original equipment.
- No sewing required:
- The main and side seams of the soft top have been professionally produced and to a very high quality standard. The hood does not require any additional sewing work.
- 100% waterproof:
- We use a kind of thread that has been specially developed for soft tops and swells up when wet and consequently effectively seals the seam holes. All of the seams on the hood are furthermore treated with a fabric seam sealer to ensure that they are 100% waterproof.
- No cleaning or waterproofing required:
- There will not be any need for expensive cleaning or waterproofing agents. Sonnenland® canvas is a 3-ply material and has a rubber middle layer. The rubber layer keeps water from penetrating through the roof.
- Extremely sturdy and strong seams:
- Just as with the original hood, we use a special machine to weld a tape over the seams on the inside of the hood.
- Information on the rear window:
- Flexible polyglas rear window, with the same thickness (1 mm) as the original, TÜV-certified, permanently sewn-in. In the original hood, the PVC window was welded to the cloth, which meant that it often came loose. Sewing the window into place has completely solved this issue. The window is made of a clear panel just like the original. Please get in touch if you would prefer a green tinted window. The entire window is framed by a sewn-in zip on the inside to which the headliner is connected, just as in the original.
- Enhanced features:
- In the original hood, the window is welded into the hood and features a zip. In our hoods, the window is sewn-in, which prevents it from bulging and loosing its stability.
- PVC window protection:
- The PVC windows for our hoods are protected with our carefully sewn-on window protector and tissue paper during transport and right up until they are fully fitted. This was an intentional move on our part, and is very different from the less expensive fastening options that only involve tape and/or paper. Although this involves significantly more work, it prevents the window protector from moving out of place or coming loose during transport and fitting, and the window from becoming scratched. It also ensures that there will not be any adhesive residues on the hood canvas/window, which are often difficult to remove.
- Accessories included with the hood:
- The side tension cables are already included with the hood.
- Free samples:
- We would be very happy to provide you with free samples of our hood materials.
- What’s included:
- Ready-to-fit soft top without frame and seals - which will be reused.