EUROTOP Convertible tops
- ✓ Made in Germany
- ✓ Top quality
- ✓ Also suitable for models from 70-74
✓ Already over 350 units sold in over 35 years
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
From €748.00 *
- Order number: 1KAGHI1111-P-66-WS
- Open text field 1: <ul> <li>✓ Made in Germany</li> <li>✓ Top quality</li> <li>✓ Also suitable for models from 70-74</li> </ul>
Product details Model, Material & Workmanship
- Soft top for Karmann Ghia Cabrio met pvc-venster suitable for model years 1958-1969
- Original Sonnenland® canvas manufactured by the world’s leading manufacturer of convertible cloth toppings – highly UV and abrasion resistant (does not fade) and used by many car manufacturers, including Porsche, BMW and Mercedes, for their original equipment.
- No sewing required:
- The main and side seams of the soft top have been professionally produced and to a very high quality standard. The hood does not require any additional sewing work.
- 100% waterproof:
- We use a kind of thread that has been specially developed for soft tops and swells up when wet and consequently effectively seals the seam holes. All of the seams on the hood are furthermore treated with a fabric seam sealer to ensure that they are 100% waterproof.
- No cleaning or waterproofing required:
- There will not be any need for expensive cleaning or waterproofing agents. Sonnenland® canvas is a 3-ply material and has a rubber middle layer. The rubber layer keeps water from penetrating through the roof.
- Information on the rear window:
- Flexible polyglas rear window, with the same thickness (1 mm) as the original, TÜV-certified, permanently sewn-in. The window is made of a clear panel just like the original. Please get in touch if you would prefer a green tinted window.
- PVC window protection:
- The PVC windows for our hoods are protected with our carefully sewn-on window protector and tissue paper during transport and right up until they are fully fitted. This was an intentional move on our part, and is very different from the less expensive fastening options that only involve tape and/or paper. Although this involves significantly more work, it prevents the window protector from moving out of place or coming loose during transport and fitting, and the window from becoming scratched. It also ensures that there will not be any adhesive residues on the hood canvas/window, which are often difficult to remove.
- All versions available:
- We offer both hood versions for the Karmann Ghia with a PVC window - the version that is fastened with a tension cable (available separately from us) and the version that is tacked to the rear. Please do not rely on the your model’s year of manufacture but check how the hood is attached to the rear edge. Please also state the colour of your headliner because a part of the headliner will be sewn onto the area around the rear window and should match the main headliner.
- Easy to fit:
- The hood with the PVC window can also be used for Karmann Ghias from 1970 (original with glass window) (to do so, select the hood for the 1967-1969 model). However, if you select the PVC window hood, you will still need to order the headliner for the Karmann Ghia with the glass window. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
- Free samples:
- We would be very happy to provide you with free samples of our hood materials.
- What’s included:
- Ready-to-fit soft top without frame and seals - which will be reused.
- As one of the largest suppliers of convertible hoods in Europe, we guarantee a perfect fit and high-quality workmanship.